As an employee of a company on Handshake, you can use User Settings to customize your Handshake experiences to best suit your individual needs. Unlike Company Settings (which changes the Handshake platform for everyone on your team), User Settings only impact you as an individual user. This article will help you navigate through the process of setting, or updating, your personalized user settings.
There are three sections of User Settings:
Account information - Basic information about you that populates your profile on Handshake and allows you to set up real-time calendar exporting (so your Handshake events automatically get added to your primary calendar).
- Notification preferences - Your preferences of when and how you receive activity notifications through Handshake.
Status Messaging Preferences - Your preferences to set up if you'd like to send applicants automated messages
- Create Notes from Email- Capture important dialog exchanges by importing emails into a notes page on Handshake.
To update your User Settings
- From any page in Handshake, click on your name in the upper right hand corner to display the Account Settings Menu.
- Select User Settings. This will take you to your Account profile page.
Tip: Alternatively, you can reach your account profile page if you click My Profile on the left hand navigation bar and then click the Account tab located in the upper right hand corner
Once you are on your Account page, you can select from the menu of User Settings options. Each section is described in detail below:
This page provides you with the opportunity to change information that populates your profile.
Select options to change which notifications you'd like to receive and how
Status Messaging Preferences
This is where you can set your preferences if you'd like to send applicants automated messages. Read about this feature in detail here.
Create Notes from Email
Import important student email exchanges into the notes page on Handshake to help you remember your interactions with students and to share information with other individuals. You’re also able to edit Contact notes here.
- Copy the email address below
- Login to your email account and find the email you are interested in imported into notes
- Forward the message to the email address you copied from above
- It will now show up under your pending notes in Handshake
To learn more about how to edit your company settings, read How do I edit my company information/settings?