The Event Preferences section gives you the option to customise an employers experience when requesting to attend or host an event at your institution.
Within the Event Preferences one can:
- Create a default approval message
- Create a invoice message
- Attach a survey
Note: If your institution has multiple Career Centres set up in Handshake, you will need to ensure each Career Centre has Events enabled to configure the Event Preferences.
1. Click your name in the upper-right corner of the screen.
2. Click Institution Settings.
3. Click Event Preferences from the left menu. Here, you'll be able to edit the following information per a Career Centre (if applicable):
Legal Disclaimer: This message will be viewable by students on events that are hosted by employers, through your institution's approval. Students can see this message at the bottom of the page for an employer-hosted event.
- The Add a legal disclaimer for all events an employer is hosting or attending box must be toggled on before you can add a Legal Disclaimer message.
- Event Approved Instructions: These are the instructions shown to the employer in the notification that the event is approved.
- Event Invoice Message: This message will be included in the invoice that you send to employers. We recommend including payment instructions and your refund policy in this field.
Event Request Survey: Survey for employers to fill out when requesting an event. For additional information about creating a survey, refer to How to Create a Survey.
- to attach a survey, click the dropdown and then click the survey of your choice or type the name within the search bar to locate it.
4. Click the green button(s) Save in the lower-right corner to update your information!
If you are interested in adding Career Centres, refer to Managing Distributed Campuses or Multiple Career Offices in Handshake.