Journeys is a Handshake feature, initially for users in the UK only, that was implemented in the summer of 2021. Journeys allow career centres to organise actions for students to complete. Students can explore these activities and see a sense of progress as they move through the process.
How do I access a Journey?
Students can access Journeys through the Career Centre page in Handshake. The Career Journey option will only be available if you are qualified for at least one Journey, and individual Journeys are only available if you meet the relevant criteria.
My Career Journeys Page
On the Career Journey page you will see the Journeys in up to three categories
- Available - Journeys that you are qualified for but have not 'Activated' yet
- In Progress - Journeys that you have 'Activated', but have not completed all of the Goals for
- Completed - Journeys that you have completed all of the Goals for
- You can select any of the Journeys you are qualified for
- When you select an 'Available Journey', you can select 'Activate' in the upper right hand corner to officially start the Journey
- Students can view the list of Goals associated with a Journey, and click to see more information for each Goal
- For some Goals, you will see the option to 'Mark as complete' - select this to complete the relevant Goal
- You will see a running number of completed Goals (out of total Goals for that Journey) at the top of the screen
As you complete Goals, you will see a tick next to the Goal indicating it has been completed.