Journeys is a Handshake feature, initially for users in the UK only, that was implemented in the summer of 2021. Journeys allow career centres to organise actions for students to complete. Students can explore these activities and track progress as they move through the process.
How do I access a Journey?
Students can access Journeys through the Career Centre page in Handshake. The Career Journey option will only be available if you are qualified for at least one Journey - individual Journeys are only available if you meet the relevant criteria.
My Career Journeys Page
On the Career Journey page you will see the Journeys in up to three categories:
- Available - Journeys that you are qualified for but have not yet started
- In Progress - Journeys that you have started, but have not completed all of the Goals for
- Completed - Journeys that you have completed all of the Goals for
- Archived - Journeys that you started or completed which your institution has archived
- From the Career Journeys screen, select one of the Journeys you are qualified for
- When you select a Journey, you can click Start Journey in the upper right hand corner to officially activate the Journey
- Once started, you can view the list of Goals associated with a Journey, and click the black downward-facing arrow to see more information for each individual Goal
- For some Goals, you will see the option to Mark as complete - select this once you have completed the relevant action to complete the Goal
- You will see a running number of completed Goals (out of total Goals for that Journey) at the top of the screen
As you complete Goals, you will see a green tick next to the Goal indicating it has been completed. Once all Goals have been completed, the Journey will automatically move into the Completed section on the Career Journeys page.