There may be times when an event needs to be canceled in Handshake. This article will provide an outline of the steps required to do so!
Canceling an employer-hosted event
Only school-hosted events can be canceled in Handshake by a career services user. If you need to cancel an employer-hosted event, we recommend the following options:
- Reset the status of the event to Pending, then mark it as Declined.
- This will remove the event from the students view so that no registrations can be made.
- Submit a ticket to the Support team using this link.
Important: before canceling an employer-hosted event, you'll need to confirm with the employer that the event needs to be canceled in Handshake.
If the event had registered students, we recommend notifying the attendees of the change. Click the blue button Email Attendees within the Actions section of the page, then select the students you'd like to notify and create the email.
Canceling a school-hosted event
1. Navigate to the specific event's overview page.
2. Click the blue button Cancel Event within the Actions section, located on the left side of the page.
3. Select who you'd like to notify about this cancelation within the pop-up:
- Notify Employers: this checkbox will only appear if you have an employer invited to your event.
You'll also be able to include a custom message for notification recipients.
Examples of each pop-up:
- Confirm and Notify Image with no Employers invited
- Confirm and Notify with Employers invited
4. Once the recipients and custom message are ready, click the blue button Confirm Cancellation in the bottom-right corner of the pop-up.
Note: if you decide you do not want to cancel the event, click the white button Do not cancel in the pop-up.
Employers and students will receive the same notification email with the subject "Event at [SCHOOL NAME] Canceled". If you choose to include a custom message, that'll be displayed in the bottom part of the email.