Employers have the ability to request to host events with the various schools that are on Handshake (provided they are approved at the school and granted the role of "Post Events").
These events may be hosted on-campus, off-site, or virtually. For more information on the creation process from the employer perspective, check out How to Request an Event.
Note: employer requested events are not able to be duplicated. Only events created by your career services office are able to be duplicated.
Approving Event Requests
1. To review pending and approved event requests, click Events on the left navigation bar.
2. All future events that have requested by employers or hosted by your school will be displayed. Use the filters on the left of the page to narrow down displayed results. These include:
- Keyword search
- Career Center
- Tip: If your institution has configured career centers, employer hosted on-campus events must be linked to a career center.
- Employer Host Industry
- Tip: Since employer hosted virtual events cannot be linked to a career center, use this filter to narrow down results relevant to your career center!
- Not Labels
- Include Declined Events - only pending or approved events are listed on the page by default
- Include Past Events - only events hosted "today" or a future date are listed on the page by default
- Date (range)
Note: you can Approve/Decline event requests from this screen as well.
3. Click on the name of the event to load the Event overview page. You can leave a comment, Approve, or Decline the event at the top of the page.
Note: comments posted on the event are viewable by other Career Services staff, the employer, and students (if the event is approved).
Editing Employer Events
Events hosted by employers can be edited by your career center only if the event is hosted on-campus. If the event is hosted off-campus or virtually, you will not be able to make edits to the event. For more details, scroll down to the Off-campus and Virtual events section below.
Note: employer requested events cannot be deleted by Career Services staff or the employer. If an employer requested event needs to be deleted, please reach out to our Support Team for assistance.
Note: The event Host/Owner cannot be changed once the event has been created.
- If an employer user creates and requests the event, the employers company will be listed as the host.
- If a career services user creates an event on behalf of the employer, the institution will be listed as the host.
When an event is hosted on campus, there is an Edit tab in the upper-right corner of the page. Click the Edit tab to make changes to the event.
You can make edits to the event just as you would to a school-hosted event. When you're done making changes, click Update Event in the lower-right corner of the page.
Note: if you make changes to the event, we recommend to loop the employer in on the changes made to ensure alignment!
Off-campus and Virtual Events
When an event is Off-campus or Virtual, you will not have the option to click edit; only the employer will be able to edit these events.
If you find that edits need to be made to the Event, you can follow up with the employer directly - just keep in mind that comments posted on the Event are viewable by other Career Services staff, the employer, and students (if the event is approved).
The event location is identified either with an address for off-campus, or with Virtual Session for virtual events.
- An example of an Off-campus event with the event's address displayed:
- An example of a Virtual Event: