If you encounter an error that says "You do not have permission to do that", this indicates you do not have the necessary permission to access the particular page or complete the task in Handshake.
For students, this error could appear if you're:
- using a link for an event or fair that is invite-only, and you've not been invited
- trying to load a job posting that hasn't been approved at your school
- trying to load a job posting that was approved at your school, but has expired
Note: the situations listed are the most common examples. However, there may be others that result in this error as well. The root cause remains the same––the item is restricted from your user's view.
When you encounter this message, the following options are available:
- if your school has partnered with Handshake:
- reach out to the Career Center for more information on the item. To find your school's contact information, refer to How to Locate your School’s Contact Information in Handshake.
- if your school has not yet partnered with Handshake:
- submit a ticket to our Support Team regarding the situation
If your a career services user, refer to Why am I getting an error "You do not have permission to do that"? (for Career Services) for more information, or Why am I getting an error "You do not have permission to do that"? (for Employers) if your an employer.