In order for employers to register for a fair in Handshake, you must have at least one registration type created. Registration types are completely customizable by career centers. Please note: registration types may only be edited individually once created.
Tip: if you are creating a physical fair but may need to transition it to virtual, consider making your registration types work for both!
Use the steps below to add registration types to your fair:
1. Click on Fairs from the left side navigation bar. Select the fair that needs registration types added.
2. Click the Edit tab in the upper-right corner of the fair page, then click the Registration Types menu item from the left side of the page.
3. Click on Add Registration Type in the upper-right corner.
4. Fill in all required fields; these are indicated by the asterisk.
- Career Fair Session*
- Hidden (checkbox - Hides this registration type from employers.)
- Tip: using company size is a good option for virtual pricing
- You can also create registration types with sponsorship options.
- Ideas we have heard for sponsorship opportunities for a virtual fair include email marketing campaigns, panel discussions before the fair, educational videos attached to the main career fair page, and lunch sponsorship options (gift cards to students to order lunch).
- Count* (The number of booths that are available with this booth option. We will automatically create the booths for you based on the number entered here.)
Representatives: Please note that these fields are only able to be edited for in-person fairs. Virtual fairs will not allow representative configurations.
- Included representatives count (How many representatives are included with this booth option at no additional cost? Entering 0 will allow employers to enter any number in the number of representatives)
- Maximum additional representatives count (How many possible additional representatives can a company bring? You will not be able to edit this field until you have filled out Included representatives count.)
- Additional representative cost (Is there a cost associated with each additional representative? You will not be able to edit this field until you have filled out Maximum additional representatives count.)
5. Once you've filled out the fields, click on green button Create Registration Type in the lower-right corner of the screen to save the booth.