- Must be less than 50MB in size. If larger, please split into two files.
- All headers are case-sensitive; Must be downcased
- All preset values are case-sensitive; Casing varies
- File must be exported in a true .CSV format
- File may not be another file type with a .CSV extension added to it
- File must be exported in Unicode (UTF-8)
- All dates must be in yyyy-mm-dd format, unless otherwise specified in the UI. Please see our date formatting guide for more information.
Note: If you don't use UTF-8 format, it can cause bad encoding issues, which can lead to poorly translated records or failure to sync/import correctly. If you are using Excel, you can choose "CSV UTF-8" to ensure you have the proper formatting following these steps:
For Windows Excel:
To save a text file as a CSV, UTF-8 encoded in Excel:
- Choose File->Save as from the menu.
- In the 'Save as type' dropdown > select 'Comma Separated Values (*.csv)'
- Select 'Web Options' in the 'Tools...' dropdown at the bottom of the dialog box.
- Select the 'Encoding' tab.
- In the ‘Save this document as:’ dropdown, select ‘US-ASCII’
For Mac Excel:
For other methods:
https://help.evertrue.com/article/347-creating-a-utf-8-encoded-csv-file (May work for some versions of Excel if above options are not available!)
- If you're unsure of the details in your file, you may use your command prompt to return some detail: $file filename.ext (e.g. $file users.csv)
- Additionally, you may either view the file in a text editor or use a tool like the 'File Viewer'.
- If you are still having issues, please reach out to contact us here.