You may want to charge employers for hosting or attending an event at your institution. If so, the employer cost has to be the same for all employers per event–unlike career fairs, charges are not customizable per employer registration.
Set up payments in Handshake
To add a cost to your event, your institution must have payments enabled in Handshake. If payments are not yet enabled and you try to add a cost to an event, you'll receive an error in Handshake that reads "Employer cost cannot be set until payments are enabled by the administrator".
For more information, refer to Payments System Setup and Testing Guide.
Adding employer cost to a new Event
1. Click Events on the left navigation bar, then click the New Event tab in the upper-right corner of the page.
2. Locate the Employer Cost section, halfway down the screen and add the required amount.
3. Configure the remaining event detail fields, then click the green Create Event button in the lower-right corner of the page. For more information, refer to Events: Creating an Event.
Adding employer cost to an existing Event
If an employer requests an on-campus event, and you would like to charge them for it, you can edit the event and add an employer cost.
Note: Only on-campus event types can be charged.
1. Navigate to the relevant event in Handshake, then click Edit in the upper-right corner of the page.
2. Locate the Employer Cost field, and add the dollar amount.
3. Click the green Update Event button in the lower-right corner.
When an employer cost is added, a Payments section on the events overview page displays with two blue buttons:
- Manage Employer Payments: generate an invoice for the employer, view charges
- Employer Payment History: access all payments made by the employer