Labels are tags that you apply to data you have stored in Handshake to help you classify and organize that data. There are three types of labels in Handshake (normal, public, and system). This article will highlight the process to bulk import either normal or public labels onto data in Handshake via the Importer.
Labels can be imported at any time after your students are uploaded!
NOTE ABOUT LABEL LIMITS: You can only import 10 unique labels per file. You can include as many rows as you'd like, but if you have more than 10 different labels in the file, you should split your existing file into multiple separate CSV files.
- Ensure that you have access to the Importer Tool.
- Review this label overview article + understand how to manually add/edit a label.
High Level Workflow:
- Format your CSV file according to the specifications below
- Upload to the Importer with the file-type "Labels"
- Review any error messages or file warnings once analysis completes
- Choose the button to Submit and Request Run
Note: Field options in italics are case sensitive and must match exactly although headers can be added in any order in your CSV file.
- This cannot be the username (unless the username is the email address)
- This is the student or contact's email address
- If any email address that is included in your file is not associated with an existing account in Handshake, the label will fail to be applied
- If uploading Employers, this is the Employer ID
- identifiable_type (must be one of the following:)
- user_type (must be one of the following:)
- Career Services
- Leave blank if you are uploading Contacts, Employers
- This is the name of the label you want to use (only one label per row is allowed)
Note: Normal labels will be visible by all career center staff at your institution, and public labels will be visible by career center staff and students at your institution. These labels will never be visible by users associated with another institution.