Handshake’s Support Team is dedicated to answering your questions quickly and effectively, so
we’ll use this article to highlight a few great pointers that you can use to help:
- Blow us away with your ticket-submitting abilities (yes, we have been known to brag to each other about the awesome tickets we receive)
- Get you the answers you need (ASAP!), without all of the extra back and forth!
Tell us your story
Handshake is a comprehensive product and the Support Team works with a wide range of users! Everyone uses Handshake in a slightly different way, and we want to understand each of those workflows. However, the Support Team can’t always understand what you’re trying to do at first glance. Sharing a bit of context about your ultimate goals (and where you’re running into issues!) can really help us understand your perspective, and figure out how we can help.
A few questions that help frame your story:
- Who am I working with?
- Which part of the product am I on?
- Which error messages am I seeing?
- What am I ultimately trying to do?
Please Note: providing a relevant and concise subject for your ticket will help get your issue resolved more quickly by helping us triage your request.
Share the juicy details!
We’ve found that specific, descriptive information can help our support and development teams resolve your questions in half the time (and with much less back and forth) if you include items like:
- The title and URL from the page you are on in Handshake (Event, Job, Interview Schedule, User Profile, etc)
- Email addresses of all users that are impacted by the issue
- Screenshots of the page or error message
- A description of what you expected to see vs. what you are actually seeing
- Steps you’ve already taken to troubleshoot!
- What browser are you using? (Pro tip: try Chrome or Firefox if possible, they tend to be the most friendly)
Ultimately, we are dedicated to answering your questions as efficiently as possible - we just need a little bit of your help! Tell us your story & share the details - then the Support Team will take it from there!