It's possible that you may want to create an Employer account using the same email you use for your Career Services accounts.
Confirm (or Setup) Your Handshake Login Credentials
In order to have both your Career Services account and your Employer account connect, you will need to confirm (or setup if needed) your Handshake Login Credentials. This is because, most likely, your school is using Single Sign On.
Employer users do not have access to sign in with SSO for security purposes.
Note: If you're logged into your existing account, please first log out by clicking on your name in the right hand corner and selecting Sign Out from the drop-down menu.
1. Go to https://app.joinhandshake.com/login
2. Enter your email under "Employers & Career Centers"
3. Click Next
4. From here, do not log in using your School's Log in. Rather, click on Log in using your Handshake credentials. Note: if your school is not using Single Sign On at this time, then you'll just see the standard login prompt with email and password fields.
5. At this point, you'll want to either set your password, attempt to log into your Handshake account with your Handshake-specific password, or click on Forgot Password, if you no longer remember your Handshake password or would like to change it.
If you click on "forgot your password"? Please follow the steps sent in the instructions emailed to you.
Note: This step is important to take note of what Handshake-specific password you have created. If you have already created a Handshake password and know what it is, we recommend typing it in and logging in.
This will log you back into your Career Center account-- we just want to make sure the password is noted before proceeding to create your Employer account.
Again, creating or changing your password will not re-create your University Single Sign On Password. This is a completely separate password, used for Handshake specifically. Once you're able to log into your Handshake account using this newly created password, you can now proceed to create your Employer User Account.
Creating your Employer Account:
You will need to sign out of Handshake prior to taking this step.
You can now register for your employer account by going to https://app.joinhandshake.com/employer_registrations/new and using the exact same credentials that you just created to register for that account. You will be asked to authenticate your password. This is the same password that you just created or confirmed.
This will prompt you through the on-boarding process as an Employer - including creating or connecting with a company profile.
Once you complete this step, you will have an employer account connected to your student or Career Services account. You can toggle between the accounts by using the drop down menu under your name.
PLEASE NOTE: In some cases, a company account might have already been created for your "school" (under your .edu domain) by another department. This is typically by the Admissions office, Grad office, etc as they might have used Handshake in the past to register for a fair at a different university. If so, this might prevent you from connecting to or creating a profile.
If you notice this is the case:
- if they can approve you.
- how they were (or are) using this account
- determine if it should:
- remain as one company profile - OR
- if we should provision a new domain space to keep these company profiles separate
2. Create a Support ticket with the following:
- Outlining the context
- The URL to the employer profile
- Name of the existing company profile
- If possible, the name and emails of the users who are already connected
From there, the Support team will be able to merge the profiles OR provision an additional domain space for you
If you don't hear back from the contact who originally created the account, let the Support team know - they can manually attach your employer account to the company profile and can set you as the owner, if necessary.