If you've submitted an Experience in Handshake, you can add multiple learning objectives to it. Learning Objectives are outcome statements that capture the knowledge, skills, and attributes that should be exhibited by the end of the experience.
1. Click Career Centre in the upper-right corner of your screen.
2. Click Experiences from the Career Centre page.
3. Locate the relevant Experience on the Overview page, then click the blue button View Details.
4. Click the Learning Objectives tab, located to the right of Comments and Activity.
5. Click the blue plus sign + to add a Learning Objective.
6. Type your Learning Objective in the provided text box, then click the blue button Save to submit your Learning Objective.
7. Once submitted, your Learning Objective will need to be approved. Click the green button Approve, located below Student within the Learning Objectives Approvals section.
If you need to edit a Learning Objective, click the box next to the objective to add a check mark, then click on the objective to reopen the text box. Click the button:
- Cancel to return back to the previous page.
- Save to update the Learning Objective.
- Delete to remove the Learning Objective completely.
Note: learning objectives may be edited until the institution, employer and student have all approved them. At that point they'll be locked in place. They will still be able to be marked as complete after they have been locked. If you need to make changes after these have been locked down, contact your career centre.
If your institution uses a specific version of Handshake, they aren't required to approve the learning objective. Contact your career centre if you have any questions regarding your Learning Objectives.