To help keep track of information regarding different contacts, we offer the Notes feature on Handshake. You can use notes to notify other staff members, keep notes for yourself, set reminders for later dates, and more.
Add a note to a contact
1. Click Contacts on the left hand navigation bar
2. Select the contact you'd like to add notes to
3. Click the blue button View & Add Notes under the Actions section
4. In the pop up, you can enter a message for the note. You can also Set a Reminder and select a date from the calendar pop up. Click the blue button Add Note, to add the note to this contact.
Note: if you'd like to tag a staff member directly, you can add a "+" sign, followed by their email address to tag them. Example: +email@example.com
You can also use the Share with Staff button to select whether this note is accessible for other staff members, just yourself, or for a specific career centre at your institution.
Editing or Deleting a Note
1. After you've added a note, in the same pop up, you can click the pencil icon to edit or delete the note
2. If you've made changes, click the blue button Update on the right hand side to update the note. If you wish to delete the note, click the red button Delete on the left hand side to delete the note, you'll be asked to confirm the deletion.
Refer to Importing Notes to learn more about bulk importing notes.