Your institution may have a number of employer contacts who aren't yet using the Handshake platform, or aren't connected to their company. Follow the steps below to learn how to ensure that employer users get connected to their companies.
Inviting Employer Contacts
You have two options for inviting employer contacts to connect with your institution:
- Use the invite link from the Contact page (recommended). Refer to Inviting Contacts to Become Users: Standard Employer Invite Process for information on this option.
- Copy the employer invitation link from the Institution Settings page. Refer to Inviting Contacts to Become Users: Custom Employer Invite Process for details on this option.
Once you have sent this out to your contacts, they will receive an email asking them to join Handshake and connect with or create their company profile.
- Using option (1) above will auto-generate invitation emails from Handshake.
- Using option (2) will allow you to create your own employer contact invitation emails.
If you are inviting a small number of contacts to join the system we recommend adding a note with a reminder for about a week ahead to check in and see if the contact was able to get connected with their company.
Adding a Note and a Reminder
- Navigate to the Contacts page from the left hand navigation bar, and locate one of the contacts you have invited to join Handshake either from the list, or by searching using their name or email address. Click this to be taken to their Contact page.
- Scroll down, and locate the blue button View & Add Notes from the left hand side of the page, under Actions.
- Now you are able to type a note reminding yourself to check back on the contact's user status in about one week and can also add a reminder date at the bottom to ensure that you receive a notification in Handshake when the time comes!
On your set date, simply navigate back to the Contacts page, locate the contact(s) you invited and filter by User Status using the list of filters across the upper part of the screen. This will allow you to see if your contact has a pending, active or has no user status. You will want to reach out in different ways depending on the user status of the contact.
Refer to Employer Contact User Status for more on the statuses of employer user accounts.
Article is closed for comments.