This resource outlines how to send a customised invite email followup to your employer contacts.
Most institutions will:
- Send a "heads up" email about the upcoming switch to Handshake to their employers, typically in an external email or via prior system
- We have some sample language available in Implementation: Invite Email Examples.
- Send a bulk invite as outlined in Inviting Contacts to Become Users: Standard Employer Invite Process.
If you would like to follow up the standard invite with additional custom invite instructions, follow the steps below.
1. Copy the Unique Employer Approval Request URL
1. Click your name in the upper-right corner of Handshake, then click Institution Settings.
2. The Details page will load by default–scroll down toward the bottom of the page, and copy the Employer Approval Request URL.
This link will provide employers with a direct link to connect with your institution when they register.
2. Embed the URL in an email to contacts
Follow the steps in How to Email Contacts in Handshake to generate and send the email to your contacts.
Tip: use a call to action Button in your email to share your employer approval link!
On behalf of [Institution Name] I am excited to invite you to join Handshake - a powerful, modern platform that enables employers to search for and manage relationships with top talent at institutions across the country.
By using the registration link below, we will help you connect with your organisation and begin using Handshake for your recruiting at [Institution Name] and other institutions.
[LINK COPIED FROM THE INSTITUTION SETTINGS]
Thanks, and welcome to Handshake!
[Institution Name / Sign off]
Reference these articles to learn more about the Employer invite and approval process during implementation:
To assist any employers who are having difficulties signing up or connecting to their company, please reference this article:
Resources to share with employers: