As a student, you may need to change your course, institution year, or other education information within Handshake.
While some institutions allow students to update these fields directly in the system, others don't.
To determine if you are able to change your Education Information in Handshake, follow the steps below.
1. Click your account icon in the upper-right corner of the screen, then click My Profile.
2. Click on your institution's name, located under the Education section of your profile.
3. A list of fields will expand under the selected institution.
- Institution Name
- Level of Study (drop-down list)
- Secondary Education
- Further Education
- Postdoctoral Researcher
- Non-Degree Seeking
- Time Period
- Start Date
- End Date
Select an Level of Study from the drop-down list for additional fields to populate. Only fields that are relevant to the selected Level of Study will be available - update the desired fields.
- Area of Study
If any of the fields are greyed out — this means the field is locked and you won't be able to edit the information. You'll need to notify your career services department of the change you'd like to make. If you need assistance finding your career centre's contact information, refer to How to Locate your Institution's Contact Information in Handshake.
4. Once the updates are complete, click the green button Save in the lower right corner.
Article is closed for comments.