Once you Invite Contacts to Become Users, your employer contacts will get emails to log onto Handshake, create profiles if they have not already and connect with your school.
Depending on if an employer contact has registered before, each employer user will be prompted through email to either log in, join a company, or register as a brand new employer.
Below are the three emails an employer contact could receive (depending on if they’ve logged into Handshake before or not):
For contacts who do not already have an account, they will receive an email inviting them to recruit at a particular school through Handshake.
For contacts who have an account but have not joined their company, they will be prompted to do so.
For contacts who have logged in before and have already joined their company, they will be prompted to log in when invited by a new school to recruit at.
The following process displays the steps a new employer user goes through upon registering.
- By clicking “Get Started” in the email received, the employer can sign up through Handshake.
- Employers can then specify what kinds of students they want to recruit as well as their Alma Mater and graduation year. The Alma Mater will also receive the employer as a contact.
- We ask that employers acknowledge our employer guidelines and indicate if they are a third party recruiter.
- We ask that the employer confirm their email to continue in the process.
- Based on the employer contact’s email domain, we will give them matches to their potential specified company. If the employer’s company is already in Handshake, they will be prompted to request to join to get started on Handshake.
- If the employer’s email domain is not recognized, we ask that they manually search for their company or create a new company.
- The employer will then be prompted to select schools that they wish to connect with. The school that initially invited them will be pre-selected. Employers can utilize the filters on the right to further specify schools by filter or rank.
- By clicking “My Selected,” employers can see the final list of schools they wish to recruit from.
- An approving staff member from the company will receive an email to approve the new contact as a valid employee of said company to add them as a new staff member on Handshake. The staff member can then approve them as a contact within their employer staff management. Employers are given options below to get started with Handshake while they wait for approval.
- Employers can then manually add staff members by following the workflow below:
Edit Company > Staff Management > Add user by email