There is no method in Handshake to change a System Label to a Normal/Public label. To change this information, you will need to use the Importer to first remove the system label, then you will need to upload the normal label.
In order to remove the system label, you will need to complete following steps:
1) Run a report through insights to find all students that have this system label on their profile. Include the columns "username", "student email address" and "system label list".
2) Download the results into Excel.
3) Re-format the file to have the following column headers:
Make sure you don't have any values in the column for system_label_names. This will clear out any of the profiles that have system labels currently on the profile.
4) Save as a UTF-8 and re-load the file to the importer with a job type = users.
Once the job from steps 1 & 2 runs, the system label will be deleted.
In order to add the normal label, you will need to complete following steps:
5) We can re-use that name as a normal label. Create file to upload to the importer to add the normal label back to the student accounts. There's more information on creating this job type here.
- Column Headers
6) Save as a UTF-8 and re-load the file to the importer with a job type = labels.