Send a message to students, inviting them to attend an event hosted by your team or a career fair that you have registered for, so that they can learn more about your company and what it has to offer.
Learn more about your Message Limits in Handshake.
Features available only to Premium partners are indicated by an asterisk(*). For more information, please check out this resource.
Access Talent List
To begin, click Talent List from the left navigation bar, and identify which student(s) you want to invite. Explore A Guide to Talent List.
1. Once students are identified, click the blue button Message to the far right of the student(s) you want to invite to attend, *or check the box for “Showing [Range] of Number” to select all students, then click the blue button Message in the top-right corner of the page.
2. The message text box will open. Compose your message, then click the hyperlinked text Include... and select Event invite or Career fair invite.
- If you're a Core employer and select Event invite, recipients must have an active Handshake profile associated with a school that has approved your employer and event.
- *If you're a Premium employer, recipients must have an active Handshake profile associated with a school that has approved your employer.
- If Career fair invite is selected, recipients must have an active Handshake profile associated with the school that is hosting the fair.
3. In the pop-up modal, choose the event or career fair from the dropdown, then click the blue button Attach.
- Core employers can attach their availability calendar, while Premium partners can attach their availability calendar as well as introduce a teammate in their message.
Once attached, the event or fair will display as an attachment at the bottom of the message text box.
4. Once your message is complete, click the blue button Preview Message, then the green button Send.
- To edit your message, click Cancel or the X in the top-right corner of the modal.
5. The pop-up will close, and the confirmation message "Your message has been sent to [#] of candidates" will display in a green banner at the bottom of the page.
Once the message is received, students can register for the event or fair if they are interested.
*Premium partners may also use campaigns to promote specific jobs, events, or career fairs. For additional details, refer to Campaigns: Create and Manage a Campaign.