You have the ability to customize and receive job alert notifications when new jobs matching your search criteria are added.
Note: When saving a search, please be aware that you are not saving your search results. You are saving your search criteria.
First, create your search:
- Select Jobs from the top menu bar.
- You will see a list of filters you can use to create the criteria for your search. Filters include items such as keywords, location, and employment type. Select the criteria for your search. You will see that the list of relevant job postings changes as narrow your search by adding additional search criteria.
You’ll want to save this search if you think this is one you want to receive alerts when more jobs like this are posted. Remember, by saving your search you are saving the criteria for the search, not the data the search yielded. The jobs meeting the criteria of your saved search could easily change from day to day.
To save your search for job alerts:
- Select at least 1 search filter or criteria
- Click on 'Save your search'
Note: If you save a search that does not have a keyword, Handshake will default to naming the search according the criteria you used.
If you would like, you are also able to edit the title of the search, or edit the notification settings for the alerts.
To edit your job alert:
- Select your name in the top right corner and select Notifications
2. Select Edit Notification Preferences
3. Select Email Alerts On
4. Adjust your Job Alert Settings Preferences and select Save to complete
Shortcut to Edit Job Alert:
1. Type the title of your existing Job Search in to the search bar
2. Click on Edit your notifications