With thousands of employers posting collegiate hire jobs on the platform, Handshake is an incredibly powerful tool for your internship and job searches. Taking time to understand Handshake's search functionality will help you identify the best jobs for you. This article provides strategies and tips to help strengthen your search skills.
To start, click on Jobs in the upper-left corner of the Handshake screen. This menu row displays consistently throughout most Handshake pages.
The Jobs default page will load: on the left of the page are jobs approved at your school. Click on a job to load more details on-screen. For a breakdown of content on this page, check out Apply for a Job in Handshake!
Use the following methods to identify the most relevant jobs and narrow down your search:
- Search using keywords, job titles, or employers in the upper-left search bar.
- Looking for remote opportunities? Use keyword search! Learn more in Tips for Locating Remote Jobs in Handshake.
- Search by city, state, or zip code by clicking Location.
- Please note that the location filter defaults to a 50 mile radius.
- Filter your search by job duration (full-time, part-time), as well as by job type (on-campus, internship).
- For more information, check out Search for On-Campus Positions in Handshake.
- Click on All Filters to see more filter options –– once you've added all desired search criteria, click Show Results in the lower-right corner of the filter popup.
- Job types
- Employer is open to messaging
- Learn more about Receiving Employer Messages in Handshake.
- Paid roles only
- Work study
- Interviewing on campus
- Employer preferences
- Work authorization
- Job role
- Learn more about Job Roles (Students).
- Labeled by your school
- Learn more in How to Search Using Labels.
Another great way to continue your search for jobs and internships is to create a saved search and set job alerts. You can learn how to use saved job search and alerts by checking out the following resources:
- Saved Job Searches and Alerts
- Jobs Digests and Recommendations
- Video: Search for, Save, and Apply to Jobs in Handshake
To save a job for later, click the bookmark icon. For more information, refer to My Saved Jobs in Handshake.
Ready to apply?
Apply for a Job in Handshake elaborates on job posting content and application methods!