On-campus interviews are a feature in Handshake that enable your school and employers to partner on the interview schedule creation and organization process. These interview schedules are created by your school's career center in partnership with employers who have active job postings.
Locating on-campus interviews at your school
To apply to a job that is connected to an on-campus interview, you can either:
- search for a specific interview, then apply to the related jobs
- search for and apply to specific jobs that are connected to an interview schedule
Search for a specific interview
To review on-campus interviews occurring at your school, click Events in the upper-left corner of the screen, and then click the On-Campus Interviews tab in the upper-left corner of the page.
A list of interview schedules available at your school will populate on the page. Use the filters on the left of the page to narrow down displayed results based on:
- Keyword search
- Interview Type
- Label / Not Labels
- Timeline Status
- Career Center
- Date (range)
- Include Completed Interview Schedules (to identify past interviews)
Best Practice: click the star icon from the list or on the interview schedule to favorite the schedule for easier access later. At the top of the filters list, click My Favorite Interviews to quickly review favorited schedules.
Search for jobs with on-campus interviews
1. Click on Jobs in the upper-left corner of the screen, then click the All Filters option in the upper-middle of the page.
2. In the pop-up that appears, check the filter option Interviewing on campus, then click Show Results in the lower-right corner of the pop-up.
Jobs with an interview schedule attached will be displayed, and you can then apply as normal.
For more information on the application process, refer to Apply for a Job in Handshake.
Applying to a job connected to an on-campus interview at your school
If you select an on-campus interview that is not yet open for applications, the option to apply will not be clickable, and below the Apply button will be a message that states "Applications open on DATE TIME".
To easily access the job later, save the job by clicking the bookmark icon within the job posting, immediately to the left of the Apply button.
To learn more, check out My Saved Jobs in Handshake.
If the on-campus interview is open for applications, a message will show at the top of the page "To apply to this interview schedule you must qualify and apply through one of the associated jobs".
The available jobs connected to the on-campus interview will then be listed mid-way down the page under the "Related Jobs" section.
If you select an Interview Schedule that you've already applied to, a message with "Your application has been submitted and is being reviewed by the interviews" will appear at the top of the page. This means the employer has yet to determine whom they would like to interview for the position.
Checking the status of your job application
To check on the status of a job you've previously applied to, along with any interviews, select the Jobs tab in the upper-left navigation bar, and then click Applications just below it. The jobs and interviews will then be listed on the page.
The status of your application is located just below the job title and employer information. The status will be marked as one of the following:
- Submitted: This application is still pending for the interview schedule.
- Reviewed: The reviewed status on an application means that the employer has reviewed your application, but has not yet made a decision. We recommend reaching out to the employer directly if you have any further questions about the status of your application.
- Pending: The employer has not yet changed the status of the application.
- Primary: Chosen as a primary candidate on an interview schedule in Handshake.
- Alternate: Chosen as an alternate candidate on an interview schedule in Handshake.
- Hired: Marked by the employer or career services center as hired for a job posting or interview schedule in Handshake.
- Declined: Marked by the employer or career services center as declined for a job posting or interview schedule in Handshake.
Check out Job Application Status in Handshake to learn more.
Note: If you're selected as a primary applicant, you get first access to sign up for an interview slot. If you're selected as an alternate applicant, you'll get access to sign up for a slot a bit later. You will receive a notification as soon as you're able to sign up for a slot.
To do learn more about taking slots, refer to On-Campus Interviews: Selecting & Changing A Time.
If on-campus interviews isn't an option
If you click on the Events tab at the upper-left of your screen, and there isn't an on-campus interviews option below it, your school doesn't currently partner with Handshake (yet!).
If you're enjoying your experience on Handshake, feel free to encourage your career center to formally partner with us, and we can unlock additional benefits for you and your school!