If you've recently applied to a job or interview schedule, and would like to track the status of your application, you can do so via the My Jobs section!
Checking an application status
To access your applications, and review current statuses, click on your account icon in the upper-right corner of Handshake, then click My Jobs.
All jobs you've applied to will display on the screen, along with the status of your application. The status is located below the company name.
- Tip: use the filters on the left of the page to narrow down applications displayed!
- Keyword search
- Application Type
- Interview Schedule (a job posting attached to an on-campus interview schedule)
- Application Date
Application status definitions
There are different application statuses for jobs that are not interviewing on-campus vs jobs that are connected to an on-campus interview schedule.
If you would like to follow up with your application status for a job or interview schedule, we recommend reaching out directly to the employer or your career services office.
Jobs not interviewing on-campus
From the application list in Handshake, use the filter on the left of the page Application Type > Job to identify only these jobs.
- Pending: when an application is submitted, the first status will always be set to Pending. A pending application status could mean:
- the employer has not yet viewed the application.
- the employer has yet to update the application status.
- Reviewed: the employer has reviewed your application but has not yet made a decision.
- Declined: the employer has reviewed your application and decided to not move forward.
- Hired: the employer reviewed the application and decided to hire you for the position.
The statuses Pending, Declined, and Hired can be selected manually by an employer or your school's career services center.
From the application list in Handshake, use the filter on the left of the page Application Type > Interview Schedule to identify only these jobs.
- Submitted: the application has been submitted and is waiting to be reviewed.
- Primary: you have been chosen as a primary candidate.
- Alternate: you have been chosen as an alternate candidate.
- Declined: the employer has reviewed your application, but decided to not move forward.
- Hired: the employer reviewed the application, and decided to hire you for the position.
All interview schedule statuses can be marked by an employer or your school's career services center.