On-campus interviews are a feature in Handshake that enables your school and employers to partner on the Interview schedule creation and organization process. These Interview schedules are created by your school's career center in partnership with employers who have active job postings.
Locating on-campus interviews at your school
To apply for a job that's connected to an on-campus Interview, you can either:
- search for a specific Interview, then apply to the related job
- search for and apply to specific jobs that are connected to an Interview schedule
Search for a specific Interview
1. To review on-campus interviews occurring at your school, click your account icon in the upper-right corner of the screen, then click My Meetings from the dropdown in the menu.
2. The page will default to Employer meetings – click the On-Campus Interviews tab in the upper-left corner of the page.
3. A list of interview schedules available at your school will populate on the page. Use the filters on the left of the page to narrow down displayed results based on:
- Keyword search
- Interview Type
- Label / Not Labels
- Timeline Status
- Career Center
- Date (range)
- Include Completed Interview Schedules (to identify past interviews)
Best Practice: click the star icon from the list or on the interview schedule to favorite the schedule for easier access later. At the top of the filters list, click My Favorite Interviews to quickly review favorited schedules.
Search for jobs with on-campus Interviews
1. Click Jobs in the upper-left corner of the screen, then from the Jobs page, click the All Filters option in the upper-middle, above the displayed job posting.
2. In the pop-up that appears, check the filter option Interviewing on campus, then click Show Results in the lower-right corner.
Jobs with an Interview schedule attached will be displayed, and you can then apply to any jobs of interest as normal.
For more information on the application process, refer to Apply for a Job in Handshake.
Applying to a job connected to an on-campus interview at your school
If you select an on-campus interview that is not yet open for applications, the option to apply will not be clickable, and below the Apply button will be a message that states "Applications open on DATETIME".
To easily access the job later, save the job by clicking the bookmark icon within the job posting, immediately to the left of the Apply button.
To learn more, check out My Saved Jobs in Handshake.
If the on-campus interview is open for applications, a message will show at the top of the page "To apply to this interview schedule you must qualify and apply through one of the associated jobs".
The available jobs connected to the on-campus interview will then be listed mid-way down the page under the "Related Jobs" section.
If you select an Interview Schedule that you've already applied to, a message with "Your application has been submitted and is being reviewed by the interviews" will appear at the top of the page. This means the employer has yet to determine whom they would like to interview for the position.
Checking the status of your application
To review applications you've submitted in Handshake, click your account icon in the upper-right corner of the screen, then click My Jobs.
On the left of the page are filters – in Application Type, the second filter option from the top, check the box next to Interview Schedule.
All applications attached to an on-campus interview schedule will be displayed, along with the status and application date. Click on the interview title to view more information.
For more information on statuses, check out Job Application Status in Handshake.
Your application and interview status are displayed, along with which schools are participating and any slots created. All interview details are displayed on the left of the page, including the:
- Interview Name
- Interview Schedule Type (Open / Preselect / Room Only)
- Open interview schedules allow you to take a slot as soon as you apply when you match all of the employer's preferences. If you do not match all of the preferences, the employer can review your application and mark you as Primary if they'd like to meet with you.
Preselect schedules have a defined application period, followed by the employer review period. Applicants selected to interview are set to Primary or Alternate. If selected, notifications are sent in Handshake and via email to alert you of signups.
- Room Only schedules are not managed through Handshake–the employer typically has a separate method of organizing interview times and will followup with you.
- Allow Multiple Applications? (Yes / No)
- Timeline Sectionincludes current status and key dates
Learn more about taking slots in On-Campus Interviews: Selecting & Changing A Time.
If on-campus interviews aren't an option
If you are unable to locate any on-campus interviews in Handshake, either your school does not use Handshake to manage them, or your school doesn't yet partner with us.
To confirm which is the case, check the upper-right corner of the screen for Career Center, to the left of your account icon.
If you do not have the “Career Center” tab, it means your school doesn't currently partner with Handshake (yet!) If you're enjoying your experience on Handshake, feel free to encourage your career center to formally partner with us and we can unlock additional benefits for you and your university!
Article is closed for comments.