This article outlines how to send a customized invite email to your employers.
Most schools will:
- Send a "heads up" email about the switch to Handshake to their employers (typically in external email or prior system)
- Send a bulk invite as outlined in this article: How to Invite Contacts to Become Users.
However, if you would like to follow up this standard invite with additional custom invite instructions in Handshake - follow this process:
Copy the Unique Employer Approval Request URL:
- Click School Settings from the main drop down menu
Click Details from the list on the left side of the screen
Scroll down and copy the employer approval request URL
This link will provide employers with a direct link to connect with your university when they register
Embed the URL in a Mass Email to Contacts:
Example Language for Inviting Employer Contacts
On behalf of [University Name] I am excited to invite you to join Handshake - a powerful, modern platform that enables employers to search for and manage relationships with top talent at universities across the country.
By using the registration link below, we will help you connect with your organization and begin using Handshake for your university recruiting at [University Name] and other universities.
[LINK COPIED FROM THE SCHOOL SETTINGS]
Thanks, and welcome to Handshake!
[University Name / Sign off]
Reference these articles to learn more about the Employer invite and approval process during implementation
- Best Practices for Employer Approvals
- Implementation Invite Email Examples
- How to Invite Contacts to Become Users
To assist any employers who are having difficulties signing up or connecting to their company, please reference this article:
For resources to share with Employers: