On Handshake, you can add divisions to your company profile and associate them with any job posting or in-person career fair registration.
Divisions currently exist only as names in the system. There is not a way to add separate branding (website, logo, etc.) to a division.
There must be at least 2 divisions in a company profile in order for divisions to appear. If you do not have a second division available, we recommend adding a filler division, which you could name (for example) "filler" or "extra".
Add a division
1. Click Company Profile from the left navigation bar, then click the gray button Edit in the top-right corner of this page.
2. From the menu on the left of the page, click Divisions.
3. Enter the name of your division in the Division Name text field. Then, enter your division code in the Division Code text field.
Note: the division code is not required and does not appear in job postings or career fair registrations.
Manage your division
Edit a division
1. Click the three-line icon to the far right of the division name, and then select Edit Division Name.
2. In the pop-up modal, enter the new division name or code, then click the blue button Save.
3. Once saved, the name and code of the division will automatically be updated.
Delete a division
1. Click the three-line icon to the far right of the division name, and then select Delete Division.
2. Once clicked, the division will be automatically deleted. Deleted divisions cannot be retrieved.
Note: divisions that are associated with a job posting or career fair registration cannot be deleted.
Divisions that cannot be deleted will display the error message "Cannot delete record because dependent jobs exist or "Cannot delete record because dependent registrations exist"
Select a division
Once you add a division, you can easily associate the division to any job or in-person career fair registration.
To associate a specific division with a job, click the Company Division field on the Basics tab of the job form, then select the desired division. For additional guidance, refer to How to Post a Job.
Career fair registration
To associate a specific division with an in-person career fair registration, navigate to the Basic Information section of the registration form, then select the division below the field Which division of the organization are you registering? Read more in Registering for a Fair (Employers).
Note: while the field is included in the registration form for a virtual career fair, the functionality is not currently supported.