In Handshake, you can update the status of individual applicants depending on their progress during the application process.
Note: updates to an applicant's status do not update the job itself, including the application open and close dates.
Check out our Job Applicant Management Guide.
Learn more about our application statuses in Definitions: Application Statuses.
Manage an applicant's status
1. Select the job for which you want to update the applicant status, then click the Applicants tab.
- Applicants are displayed in chronological order, with the most recent application at the top and the oldest at the bottom.
2. Click the downright arrow next to the current status in the Status column to update an applicant's application status, then select the desired status for the applicant: Reviewed, Declined, or Hired.
- To automatically send the applicant(s) a custom message when you change their status, refer to Applicant Status Messaging Preferences.
- Note: the applicant will not be notified when their status changes, unless you have configured applicant messaging. A candidate can, however, check their status in their Handshake account.
- Upon downloading the applicant's application documents, their status will automatically change from Pending to Reviewed.