This resource will provide the steps on how to pay for an invoice you have received for an on-campus event.
To pay for an on-campus event:
- The Payment Status on the registration must be "Invoiced".
- You must have a role other than Representative. If you do not have access, reach out to your company's Owner or Admin to request a role change or permission. For more information, refer to Who is the Owner of My Company's Profile?
Payments can be made from the Event overview page on Handshake. There are two ways to access the event overview page:
Invoice via email
When a school sends an invoice for an on-campus event, the registrant will receive an email in their inbox. The invoice will contain a link to view the event, and another to download the invoice.
Click the View Event link to be directed to the Event overview page in Handshake.
- If you experience any technical issues, navigate directly to Handshake to view the registration.
- To proceed with a manual payment, you'll need to follow the school's provided instructions, or connect with the career fair's point of contact.
The email will read:
From: Handshake <firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject: "Invoice for Attending event [EVENT NAME]"
Heading: "Your invoice has arrived!"
Body: "Hello [EVENT REGISTRANT FIRST NAME],
Your invoice has arrived! [SCHOOL NAME] has invoiced you for the [EVENT NAME] career fair registration. Your total comes to [COST].
View Event [LINK]
Host: [SCHOOL NAME]
Event Date: [DATE OF EVENT]
Payment Instructions: [AS PROVIDED BY SCHOOL]
Refund Policy: [AS PROVIDED BY SCHOOL]
Please contact [SCHOOL NAME] for any questions.
Download Invoice [LINK]
1. Click Events from the left navigation bar in Handshake, then select the event you want to pay for.
Tip: if you have past events listed, click the blue button Include Past Events to only display future events.
2. Once the event is selected, click the blue button Pay Now in the top-right corner of the page.
- If the button Pay Now is not available, the school has not yet created an invoice for the event.
3. In the pop-up modal, enter your payment details as requested, then click the Pay button.