Please note: kiosks will not be available for virtual fairs; when students launch a session, Handshake will record that as a checkin for reporting purposes.
Dymo printers can be a bit tricky, so if you're using these to print name tags at the check-in kiosks for events, you occasionally might run into an error message when launching a kiosk for an event, but we have a few troubleshooting steps you can take here!
Test in several browsers
- First, you will want to test in:
- Chrome and Internet Explorer (if you're on PC) OR
- Chrome and Safari (if you're on a Mac).
If you've tested in different browsers and are still getting an error, uninstall the Dymo software and reinstall.
- Uninstall Dymo
- Before reinstalling, unplug the printer (remove the USB from device from the computer)
- Navigate to the Dymo Compatibility Chart for the correct download (8.7.4) to reinstall software.
- Note: Do not download the DYMO Connect for Desktop software. This does not include the DYMO Web Service, which is necessary to print labels. Scroll down to the All Software Versions table, then select the most recent version that is not a "Connect" version. At this time, this is version 8.7.4 for both Mac and Windows.
- Install the software - in the Dymo instructions, there will be a clear indication when exactly to re-plug in the printer
This should get you up and running smoothly!
Make sure you're using correct devices
You want to be sure that you are using the same printer that was initially connected to the laptop on setup. If you connect a different printer, then the "Printer not found" error can occur.
If you're still running into issues you can add the following addresses as trusted sites
Here is the Help Center article that outlines name tag printing for an additional reference once you're all set up.