Handshake enables you to automatically print name tags for student attendees at in-person events and fairs immediately after the student checks in via the kiosk.
Additionally, if your institution is participating in a multi-school fair, both the host and invited school(s) can print name tags for student attendees!
For more information on the check-in kiosk process, refer to Launch a Check-in Kiosk.
- Prerequisites for name tag printing
- Printing name tags for an event or fair
- Printing name tags for a multi-school fair
Prerequisites for name tag printing
In order to print name tags successfully, you must have done the following:
- become familiar with the kiosk hardware requirements and process
- acquired and set up a name tag printer on the computer you'll be using the day of the event or fair
- enabled name tag printing on the event or fair and added configured XML
- if you plan to use card swipe check-in, make sure card swipe is enabled
Printing name tags for an event or fair
1. Navigate to the event or fair in Handshake, and from the overview page, launch the check-in kiosk.
2. Have the student enter their email address or swipe their card through the card reader to check-in.
3. The name tag will print automatically and the student will show as "Checked In" on the attendees list.
Printing name tags for a multi-school fair
If your institution is participating in a multi-school fair through Handshake, Career Services users at both the host and the invited school(s) can check-in and successfully print name tags for all student attendees.
- The host school must share the Check-in Kiosk URL with the invited school for them to access it, as invited schools cannot directly access the check-in kiosk link from the career fair details page.
- The invited schools are able to use the shared link, regardless of their user account permissions, because the kiosk URL is generated based on the host school's settings.
- Only the Host school can use card readers. All students from Invited schools must enter their email address.
The Check-in Kiosk URL can be found within the overview page of the fair in Handshake:
1. Locate the fair or event in Handshake
2. Click Open Check-In Kiosk under the Actions section
3. A pop-up will now appear confirming the Check-in Kiosk should launch. Choose if you would like to stay logged into your account or if you would prefer limited access to Handshake while the Kiosk is launched.
4. Click Launch Kiosk
5. Copy the Check-in Kiosk URL from the address bar at the top of the screen. This is the URL link you will provide for the invited schools.
If you encounter an error indicating no printer found, please refer to Kiosks: Troubleshooting "No Printer Found".