Please note that ownership can only be transfered to another user that is already connected to your company's profile on Handshake. If the staff member does not have their own Handshake user account yet, they can sign up here.
If you are the current Owner of your company's profile on Handshake, and you're looking to transfer your Ownership from yourself to another user, you can easily do so by following the steps here:
- From any page on Handshake, click on your name in the right hand corner and then select Employee Directory from the drop down menu.
- This will take you directly to the Staff Management page in your Company's Settings.
- At the top of this page, you will see a blue information bar that states the following: "You are the owner of the _____ account. You can manage the company settings or choose to Transfer Ownership at any time."
- Click directly on Transfer Ownership in this blue info bar.
- A module will pop up, asking you whom you'd like to transfer Ownership to. Click into the dropdown menu to search, or select the user you'd like to make the new Owner of the company profile.
- Once the user is selected, Click on Transfer Ownership to perform this action. The new user will automatically be made the Owner.
- Important Note: This will transfer over 100% of Ownership from you to another user. You will no longer have Owner roles once this action is performed.