Employers should use a desktop browser for the best and most seamless experience across the Handshake platform.
Please note that our site format and usability may be impacted on tablets or mobile devices.
For the best Handshake experience possible, we recommend using Chrome. Chrome supports all Handshake features (including blurred background when using integrated video). If Chrome is not your default browser or is otherwise inconvenient to use, most Handshake features are supported on the most recent versions of the following browsers:
Note: we no longer support any version of Internet Explorer.
If you are using an outdated browser version, the following error message may appear:
"It looks like your browser is out of date and not fully supported. This may cause Handshake to work improperly. We recommend updating your browser for a better experience and improved security."
You should be able to use Handshake features with most modern browsers released within the last rolling 6 months. However, there may be certain limitations or behaviors specific to the browser used.
It is recommended that you update your browser whenever there is a new version available, as these updates often include performance and security improvements.
If you're experiencing unexpected errors or behavior with another browser, open Handshake in Chrome, and try again.
If you're already using Chrome, or if the issue occurs in multiple browsers, clear your cache/cookies, then reopen a new page. For additional guidance, refer to Refresh your Cache.
- In the event that you are unable to refresh your cache (can't restart your browser at the moment), use an incognito / private browsing window to simulate:
- PC (Windows 7/8/10/11) - Chrome: Ctrl+Shift+N with browser open.
- PC (Windows 7/8/10/11) - Firefox, Edge: Ctrl+Shift+P with browser open.
- Mac (OS X) - Chrome, Safari: Command+Shift+N with browser open.
- Mac (OS X) - Firefox: Command+Shift+P with browser open.