In these rapidly changing and uncertain times, we’re here to offer support. Our mission has always been to help students launch meaningful careers, and we are committed to partnering with our full network—employers, universities, and students—in building your future workforce during these changing times. Many employers have already embraced digital recruiting strategies—the Handshake network has seen a 4.7x increase in the number of candidates sourced through a messaging campaign from fall 2018 to fall 2019.
Here are some tips you can implement today:
- If you’re no longer visiting campuses, list your virtual events in Handshake. By listing your event, career centers can promote it to their students enabling you to track RSVPs as students sign up and follow up with them after. Employers use Handshake effectively to promote Q&As, office tours, and employee panels.
- Create authentic relationships by proactively messaging candidates that fit your qualified criteria using search filters and personalized outreach. This can drive both attendees to your virtual events and applicants to your jobs.
- Expand your digital outreach efforts to qualified candidates in new regions and schools without having to travel to them. A key benefit of digital outreach can be accessing a wider audience of talent.
- When posting a job that "allows remote workers", we recommend including verbiage indicating this in your job description as well. Students can search for positions using keyword search; keyword search looks at the job title and description only at this time.
We’ve put together a number of resources to help you navigate this challenging time, from webinars to guides and best practices. Check out our Going Digital resource center here, and register for one of our webinars:
- Going digital: How to host an engaging virtual event
- Going digital: Shifting to an entirely online recruiting strategy
Or get in touch with a Handshake expert directly to see how we can help you stay on track to meet your hiring goals.
We also have these Help Center articles available:
Handshake's Guide to Hosting Virtual Recruiting Events (for Premium Employers)