The ability to edit or delete events on Handshake is dependent on the event format and activity.
Events hosted off-campus and virtually can only be edited by the employer. However, they cannot be deleted.
Events hosted on-campus can be edited by the employer, as well as edited and deleted by the host school.
Edit an event
1. Click Events from the left navigation bar in Handshake.
2. Select the event you want to edit from the Events table.
Tip: click the x to the right of Include Past Events in the top-left corner of the page to refine results.
3. Click the gray button Edit Event in the top-right corner of the page.
4. On the edit page, make desired changes as allowed. Fields that cannot be edited become disabled and appear grayed out.
On-campus or off-campus events that are already approved will require re-approval if any changes are made to the event type, date, time, or registration limit.
Note: the event format (where the event is being held) cannot be edited once students have RSVP'd for the event.
Delete an event
Off-campus and virtual events cannot be deleted by either the employer or host school. To delete your event, submit a ticket to our Support team here.
To delete an on-campus event, contact the host school (the school at which the event was requested).
- To locate a school's contact information, search and click its name in the top-left search bar.
Their contact information will be located to the left of their profile page in the Contact Information section.