On Handshake, you can track attendance at a non-Handshake event with a shell event.
Features available only to Premium partners are indicated by an asterisk(*). For more information, please check out this resource.
A shell event can be used for the following event types:
- won’t be hosted at a school
- may be hosted in partnership with a non-partner school
- hosted with no school affiliation (like a conference)
Create a shell event
1. Click Events from the left navigation bar, then click Request Event in the top-right corner of the page.
2. From there, complete the form with special attention to the fields outlined below.
Where is your event being held?
- *Handshake Video (only available to Premium partners with the Virtual & Events Module)
- External video platform (enter your video platform details (Zoom, Youtube, Webex, etc.)
- Check this box if you’d like candidates to check in automatically to your virtual event upon joining (only an option for events with Handshake hosted video)
Invite schools to promote your event
- Don't select any schools in this field.
- Note: by excluding schools in this field, the event becomes private and not visible to students. This enables you to use the event solely as a check-in device to track attendance.
Add a registration limit (optional)
- Specify a registration limit, if preferred.
- Note: if using Handshake video, attendee limits are capped at 50, including the host. Make sure to include event hosts when setting the registration limit. For example, if you have two event hosts, your attendee limit should be 48.
Once you've created your event, you'll be taken directly to the Overview page, which provides general event information, such as date, time, location, and activity. To the right of the page, you can also view a snapshot of your RSVPs. Learn more about Accessing Event and Fair RSVPs.
*Premium partners with Event Management will have the option to print an event QR code to enable attendees to check-in to events hosted in-person. To begin, click on the gray button Print event QR code towards the top of the page. After the QR code is printed, place the print-out in an accessible area so attendees can easily scan it with their mobile device to check-in.