Use the instructions below when creating events that:
- won’t be hosted at a school
- may be hosted in partnership with a non-partner school
- when running an event with no school affiliation (like a conference)
1. Click Events in the left navigation bar, and click on Request Event in the upper-right corner of the page.
3. Fill out the Request Event Form with special attention to the recommendations below for certain fields. You can refer to How to Request an Event for more in-depth details on all event form fields.
4. Select the Event Format
- If Virtual, choose Handshake Video (only an option if you have purchased the Virtual & Events Module) or External video platform, where you will be able to enter your Zoom, Webex or other streaming platform information.
- If using Handshake Video, please note only the event creator will be able to launch video for Handshake Video hosted events for now. We expect to support multiple cohosts by mid-September.
5. Student Check in - select this box if you’d like candidates to check in automatically to your virtual event upon joining (only an option for events with a valid Web Host URL or Handshake hosted video).
6. Visibility - Allow any student with the link to RSVP for the event. You always want to check this box, in case you decide to invite students outside of a Handshake partner school, or in case a Handshake partner school declines this event.
7. Schools - do not select any schools.
8. Registration Limit - Limit the Number of people who can register for this event.
- Note: if using Handshake video, current attendee limits are capped at 50, including the host. Make sure to account for your event hosts when setting the registration limit. For example, if you will have two event hosts, then your attendee limit should be 48.
Once your Event has been created, you will be brought directly to the Overview page of your event.
Here you can view the general event information including: date, time, location, description, activity and comments. You can also view a quick snapshot of your RSVPs in the box towards the right of the Overview page.
Tab over to the RSVPs tab to view any students that have RSVPd to your event, and utilize the filters toward the left of this page to organize and sort your event RSVPs.