When processing job posting requests, if you choose to decline a posting, you'll be prompted to select a reason for the decline. These job decline reasons make it easier for employers to understand why their job was declined at a specific school.
The selection chosen will be added as a comment to the job's comment history. Employers are able to review the decline reason and comment added.
In the prompt that appears, check the appropriate box(es) that represent the reason for the decline; you may add comments in the text box if you'd like.
Check at least one of the boxes listed:
- Pay structure
- This job is being declined due to its pay structure
- Upfront cost
- This job is being declined for requiring an upfront cost
- Job from third party recruiter or staffing agency
- This job is being declined because it is from a third party recruiter or staffing agency
- International / Geographic
- This job is an international position or its location does not make sense for my students
- Incomplete job description (please explain below)
- This job description requires more information
- Decline reason not listed above (please explain below)
- This job is being declined for a reason other than those listed above
Note: If the reason isn't listed, check the last box, "Decline reason not listed", and add the accurate reason in the text box: Tell us why you are declining this job...
- Share my name with employer
- If you select this option, your name will be displayed with the comment.
If you'd like to review decline reasons for jobs, you may access the decline reason and comment via the specific job overview page–click the arrow to dropdown the comment box.
You can also report on these fields in Analytics via the Jobs template. We've added "decline_reasons" and "decline_comment" to the Postings section.
Keep in mind that any updates made "today" will be processed "tonight" and reflected in Analytics reporting "tomorrow"!