When setting up your Handshake account, you're prompted to include information about your identity and demographics. If you previously bypassed this step, or you'd like to make any updates to the information provided, follow the steps below!
- Note: Demographic information on your profile is only visible to you. Even if your profile is visible to employers, the information isn't shared on your profile. For more information, refer to Employer Interactions with Students.
If you'd like to update your profile information, and drive your profile to completion, check out How to Drive Profile Completion.
1. Click your account icon in the upper-right corner of Handshake, then click My Profile.
2. Locate the Personal Information section, directly below the "Your Interests" section on the left side of the page, then click the pencil icon.
3. All fields that can be updated will become available:
- Hometown Location
- Demographic Information
- Race and ethnicity
4. Click the box under the field you would like to add or change. An outline will appear around the box that is being updated.
- if the field is blank, type your response in the box.
- if the field already has something in it, remove the current information by pressing the delete button on your keyboard or clicking the "x" next your response, then add your updated answer.
5. Once the updates have been made, click the green Save button.