You can update the room availability for interview schedules in Handshake per each day. This is helpful if you need to:
- Add an additional room to a specific interview date
- Block off dates so that employers cannot request an interview
To update the room availability, you will need the following:
- Assigned the Interview Schedules role in Handshake to access the Interviews page.
- For more information, refer to Institution Settings: Career Services Staff Roles and Permissions.
- To be connected to the appropriate Career Centre to make edit or reserve rooms to interview schedules within the Career Centre.
- Note: if your institution does not use Career Centres, this does not apply.
- For more information on this, refer to Institution Settings: Career Centres.
1. Click Interviews on the left navigation bar to access the Interviews page in Handshake.
2. Click the Week of [Day, Date] button to open a calendar pop-up.
3. Click the arrows to the left and right of the Week of [Day, Date] button to locate the desired month and year, then click on the date.
Tip: you can also click the dropdown arrow to the right of the month and year option to choose your timeframe rather than scrolling.
4. The selected date will be displayed on the page. Click the pencil icon to the right of Reserved Rooms within the box of the date you need to update.
5. Enter the number of rooms in the box that appears above Reserved Rooms.
Note: If you do not want employers to request an interview, enter the number 0.
6. Click the green button Save to update!