If you'd like to offer discounts on job fair registration fees for employers, you’ll need to create one or more Discounts for the fair you’re working on.
Create a discount
1. Click on Fairs from the left hand navigation bar. From the list of fairs your institution has created, select the fair you’d like to add a discount for. This will bring you to the overview page for that specific fair.
2. Click on the Edit tab in the upper-right corner of the page, then click Discounts from the menu on the left of that page.
3. If there are discounts already added to this fair, they will appear. Otherwise, a message indicating there are no discounts associated with the fair will be in the centre. Click on Add Discount in the top right corner.
4. Enter the information related to the discount you’d like to add.
- Name: We recommend giving your discount a name that describes how the discount should be used and its amount (for example “Non-Profit £100 off”).
- Description: Provide a description for the discount.
- Amount: Enter a positive number for the discount amount, without a £ sign.
- For example, if the discount you’re creating is for £100 off the normal registration fee, you’d enter 100 (not -£100)
5. Click the Create Discount button to save your discount.
Apply a discount
Discounts may be applied to employer registrations, after they have registered for the fair. Employers cannot see discounts until you apply one to their registration!
1. To apply a discount to a registration, click Fairs on the left hand navigation bar, and select the fair the employer is registered for.
2. On the fair’s overview page, click on View Employers.
3. You’ll be taken to the list of employers who have registered for the fair. Click the employer you’re going to provide the discount to.
5. Click the Edit tab in the upper-right corner of the page.
6. Scroll to the bottom of the page where you’ll see the list of discounts that have been created for this fair. Check the checkbox next to any discount you’d like to apply for the employer (you can select as many as you’d like).
7. Click the Update Registration button to be taken to a review of the employer’s registration. Here you’ll be able to see that the discount has been added (and the employer’s new total amount owed).
Note: if you've created an invoice for the employer prior to applying the discount, you will need to generate and send a new invoice to reflect the discounted price.