When employers begin registering for your fair, it's a good idea to start processing those approvals as soon as possible. For Virtual Fairs, the sooner the registration is approved, the sooner the employer may begin building their schedule!
To approve employer registrations, take the steps below.
1. Navigate to the fair in Handshake - click Fairs from the left navigation bar, then click the name of the fair from the list.
2. Click on View Employers from the fair overview page to see the list of registered employers.
3. In the list, Employer name will be listed at the beginning of each row, with the registration status listed to the immediate right.
- Tip : If you have multiple registrations to process, click the filter Status , then select Pending to only view pending registrations!
Note : Employers that have not yet been approved to recruit at your institution can register for your institution hosted fairs. If an employer has either not requested to connect or their request is pending, there will be a warning indicator next to the employer name. Hover your mouse over the warning indicator for the message "This employer has not been approved":
Virtual Fairs Note : Employers must be approved at your institution in order to see student RSVPs to their schedule. If the employer is not approved at your institution, they will be unable to view students that have RSVP'd to their sessions, therefore unable to download public CVs, send followup messages, or allow students to apply to an active job.
4. There are two ways to process the registration approval:
- From the registration list view: scroll to the far right in the row, click the three hashmarks, then click Approve. For in-person fairs or virtual fairs hosted externally, you will not see the columns for Schedule Representatives, Group Sessions, 1:1 Sessions Filled, or Required Preferences.
- Click on the registration directly, then click Edit in the upper-right corner. Scroll down partway to Basic Information, then select the radio button for Approved . Click Update Registration in the lower-right corner to save the status change.
5. Once the registration has been approved, you may generate and send an invoice for the registration. Check out the steps here for sending an invoice from the registration or the steps here for sending via a bulk action.
- If the fair is virtual and facilitated in Handshake, the Schedule Owner will receive an email alert to set their company schedule.
- If the fair is hosted in-person or if it is virtual and facilitated outside of Handshake, students will be able to now see the company name in the list of employers attending the fair.