If you need to edit an interview schedule in Handshake, you will first need to ensure:
- Your account has the Interview Schedules 'Access' role.
- For more information, refer to Institution Settings: Career Services Staff Roles and Permissions.
- If your campus has multiple Career Centres, you must be connected to the Career Centre hosting the interview (within your Account Settings).
- For how to edit, refer to Career Services User Settings: What are User Settings?
Edit existing interview slots
1. Click Interviews on the left navigation bar.
2. Use the filters above the column headers to locate the interview schedule.
3. Click on the interview schedule's name. Slots may be managed:
- to edit: click directly on the text in the time slot's row, anywhere except Remove
- to remove: click the red button Remove, to the far right in the row
- in bulk: first check the boxes to the left of the times you want to edit, then click
- to edit: the blue button Bulk Edit Slots, to the upper-right above the table
- to remove: the red button Bulk Remove Slots, to the right of Bulk Edit Slots
4. Within the popup, you can make changes to the fields listed below. Click Save in the lower-right corner of the popup when you're finished.
- Jobs: Require certain jobs on particular slots
- Start time: Change the start time of the selected slots (will not shift other time slots)
- End time: Change the end time of the selected slots (will not shift other time slots)
- Room: Assign a certain room to each slot
- Unassigned Room Number: use this to keep slots grouped together before assigning them to an actual room
- *Student: Assign a student to the selected slot (*only if editing a single slot)
- Interviewer: Assign an interviewer to each slot
- Unavailable?: Check this box so that students cannot select a slot during that time (ex. lunch break)
- Checked In?: Check this box to indicate the student has checked in for the interview
- Shift Slot Times: Will shift the start and end times of the selected slots by the chosen amount
- Change Slot Times: Will add or subtract the indicated amount of time to each selected slot (will also shift the start time and end time of the selected slots to prevent overlapping)
Edit the interview details
Click the Edit tab, located in the upper-right corner of the Interview Details page.
Within the Details page, you can make changes to the available fields. To learn about the the fields you may edit, refer to Posting an Interview Schedule on Behalf of an Employer.
If you would like to print the interview details for the employer or browse the applicants for an interview, refer to Actions Within an Interview Schedule.