In mid-March 2018, Handshake released a new FDS setup interface that includes the ability to pre-schedule four reminder emails that are sent to students who haven't yet submitted a response. You can learn more about that new feature here.
If you'd like to send more emails to your survey recipients, you can use the following process...
- Pull up the Students & Stats tab of your First Destination Survey.
- Apply any labels or filters necessary to get down to the list of students you want to email. For example, you might just want to email students with an "Unsubmitted" response status, or you could be targeting students in a certain major.
- Use the checkboxes next to students' names to select the students you want to email. The checkbox at the very top of the box will allow you to select everyone at once.
- Once you've selected your students, you'll see a blue More dropdown bulk option show up at the top of your list of students. Click on it and select Send Email to Surveyees.
- This will take the your selected list of students into the Targeted Email flow in Handshake. Proceed through the flow to create your content and schedule your email.
- You'll want to include a link to the first destination survey in your email so that you can redirect your email recipients to it. You can find the external link on the Details page of the Survey Setup tab. You can choose to use either the standard link or the logged out link.
- Once you complete the email flow and schedule your email to go out, you'll have sent an off-cycle FDS reminder email!