Payments are integrated into Handshake with events, career fairs and on-campus interviews. This checklist and testing guide will take you from choosing a payment vendor, integrating vendor with Handshake, and testing to ensure payments are working correctly!
Step 1: Choose payment vendor
- Stripe (Most common)
- TouchNet: You can have multiple site IDs setup for each of your career centres in Handshake. This can be a great option for distributed campuses.
- CASHNet: You can have multiple item codes set up with CASHNet in Handshake, one for each career centre.
- Manual Payments: Any payment outside of these vendors, cash, check, or external payment method like PayPal
Step 2: Integrate vendor with Handshake
Important: Make sure to closely follow integration instructions below!
- Stripe: Click here to set up Stripe and here for more information
- TouchNet: Follow these steps to integrate
- CASHNet: Follow these steps to integrate
- Manual Payments: Follow these steps to enter manual payments for career fairs
Step 3: Test Your Payment Setup
Test your payment configuration with a career fair:
- To test your payment integration you must create a career fair, sign-up as your on-campus employer, and pay for that fair. You can delete the registration after testing. You will want to make a payment of £2 or more to make sure the payment went through. Check in your system (Stripe, TouchNet or CASHNet) that the payment went through.
Reconcile your payments:
- Download your invoice report from Handshake by navigating to "Analytics" > "Invoices", or use the bulk download by clicking Payment History on the career fair's registration page.
- Verify the payments from these reports by matching the Session ID in Handshake to payments in your vendor's system
Best Practice: Use Vlookup to assist you in this matching