How can career centers and Handshake democratize credentials?
- Give all students access to real world professional experiences
- Gather feedback from students, employers and faculty on experiences
- Share learnings with current and future students
Do we anticipate campus employment being included into the experiential learning components on Handshake?
- Yes, we would like to make sure that students can track all experiential learning opportunities during school, even those that take place on campus.
- What were the questions that were asked in the pre-workshop survey?
- What are the other systems you need to connect experiences data to?
Handshake Product Improvements FAQ
- Will you consider allowing students to change their supervisor after requesting an experience?
- We will consider this, although it is not in the initial set of updates.
- How will you be making updates to reporting that will include details on how staff are involved?
- We will be considering making updates to the way you can review faculty and staff involvement in the Experiences approval and evaluation process.
- Will the learning objectives be moved into the main Experiences request workflow?
- Yes, learning objectives will be moved into the request section of Experiences.
- Will there be a way to set up supervisor and student evaluations to automatically go to the faculty?
- This is an interesting idea. We haven’t considered an automated report of evaluations that would get forwarded to faculty but we are exploring ways to give faculty access to the information that they need on their students Experiences.
- Will you allow for better tracking of email deliverability?
- Yes, we will be making improvements to the way that you can visualize when an Experience approval and evaluation email was sent, opened, clicked on so you can follow up with Reviewers/Approvers accordingly.
- Will there be customization of the emails that go to supervisors and faculty?
- We will still be allowing for customization of all survey questions and evaluation emails language.
- Could faculty have a login that would allow them to see all evaluations submitted?
- We are exploring this! But don’t have any defined plans for a faculty login with limited roles.
- Will the language change from Report an Experience to Request an Experience?
- This did come up in the feedback submitted so we will also be evaluating this update.
- What is the timeline on product improvements?
- The goal is to have the product improvements outlined in the workshop completed by April before the summer Experiences collection cycle. There will likely be a testing period before then that all attendees for this session will be invited to.