If you're interested in participating in a virtual fair, please see our guide here.
You can use Handshake to explore and register for available Career Fairs. This article provides steps to register for an in-person career fair with a physical location!
1. To browse or search for fairs, click on Events at the top of your Handshake screen.
Quick Tip: If you do not see the "Career centre" tile on your homepage, this is an indicator that your institution is not a partner institution at this time. If you're enjoying your experience on Handshake, feel free to encourage your career centre to formally partner with us, and we can unlock additional benefits for you and your university!
2. If your institution is a partner institution and has created a Career Fair in Handshake, you'll see available fair(s) listed on this page:
3. There are some key details listed to differentiate between an in-person vs virtual fair:
- Above the fair title, if the text says Career fair, this fair is hosted in-person. If it says Virtual career fair, this fair is hosted virtually.
- Virtual fairs may be facilitated in Handshake or externally - this is determined by the host school.
- Below the date, in-person fairs will have a location listed, and virtual fairs will just indicate Virtual.
3. Click the name of the fair to load the fair overview page, which includes:
- A list of dates and times of sessions, right under the title
- Fair location - click the address to open the location in Google Maps
- Fair description
- Employer attendees - click See more employers to see the full list of employers attending.
- Institution attendees - if other specific institutions are invited to the fair, they will be listed in this section
- Contact - the point of contact from the host institution's Career Centre
4. If you'd like to register, click Join Event in the upper-right of the page. A pop-up will load with a list of fair sessions and registration options.
- Join Waitlist: click this to join the fair waitlist. A waitlist indicates the institution has set a limit for the number of students that can attend, and this number has been met.
- If you have joined the waitlist and space becomes available, you'll receive an email confirmation when you are registered for the fair successfully.
- Join Session: click this to register for the session.
- Registered: this indicates you've registered successfully
- Click Registered to Leave Event or Show/Hide your attendance.