If you've found an event you'd like to participate in, follow the steps below to complete your registration in Handshake.
For more information on discovering events in Handshake, and using the filters to narrow your results, refer to Discover Events & Fairs in Handshake.
1. Review all of the information on the events details page.
Here, you'll find a description of the event, location, date and time, what you'll get out of the event, and a list of Similar events for you to explore.
If relevant, the following may also be available:
- Key information regarding an attending employer.
- Important notes about the event.
- Any alumni speakers that'll be attending.
- Attachments added by your institution.
4. To register, click the blue button Register in the upper-right corner of the page to register for the event.
If the event is hosted virtually and your profile is set to Private or Employers, a prompt may appear to update your privacy settings, depending on the video provider the employer prefers.
- If the event is hosted using Handshake video, you'll need to update to Community.
- If the event is hosted outside of Handshake, for example, with Zoom, you'll need to update to Employers or Community.
For more information on privacy settings, please refer to Profile Privacy Options in Handshake.
Join Waitlist: click this to join the fair waitlist. A waitlist indicates the institution has set a limit for the number of students that can attend, and this number has been met.
- If you have joined the waitlist and space becomes available, you'll receive an email confirmation when you are registered for the fair successfully.
Upon your return to Handshake, click Yes or No within the pop-up to confirm whether you registered for the event through the external link.
To confirm your registration for the event, a green circle with a checkmark will appear in the upper-right corner of the page next to You're registered! The amount of days until the event will also be present.
5. Once you've registered for the event, the event will be added to the Registered section in Handshake.
To access, click the white button Registered with the calendar icon in the upper-right corner of the events page.
Upon registering, a confirmation email will be sent to the email address on your Handshake account indicating successful registration.
Subject: "Welcome to EVENT NAME"
"Thank you for signing up for EVENT NAME + HYPERLINK on Handshake.
Date and Time
DAY OF WEEK, MONTH DAY YEAR, TIME AM/PM
**If the event is facilitated virtually using Handshake video, the Where section will not be present.
**If the event is facilitated virtually with an external video provider, the link to join will be here.
**If the event is in-person, the event location will be listed.
To add this event and others in Handshake to your calendar, import the following URL to your calendar:
EVENT HOST NAME
If you can no longer attend an event you've registered for, or would like to remove yourself from the waitlist, refer to Leave an Event for more details on canceling your registration.