New! The Events Discovery page is intended to help students find the most relevant events in their career journey. Students can narrow their searches, and discover more events of interest in an efficient way!
Navigate to the Events page in Handshake (via the top menu bar).
Event Discovery page
The Events Discovery page offers students the opportunity to narrow their searches, and discover events of interest in an efficient way!
There are a couple options to explore events and fairs in Handshake:
- Magnifying glass icon: search for an event or fair using the keyword search
- Note: keyword search just affects the ordering - it doesn't filter results
- Three lines icon: sort results by Relevance or Date
- Category: filter your results by identifying a particular category
- Career Fair - hiring events with numerous employers at your institution
- Hiring - find opportunities with employers that want to hire you now
- Guidance - resources for your career, job skills, CV, interviewing, and more
- Conference - all-day and multi-day events like expos, summits, and tradeshows
- Networking - social events with people who can help grow your professional network
- Employer Info - learn about companies, like day-to-day life, culture, and teams
- Academic - resources and info related to your institution
- General - general topics of interest
- Medium: filter results by All formats (default), Virtual or In-Person
- Date: view results by date
- When are you looking?
- All dates (automatically selected)
- Next 10 days
- Next 30 days
- Past year (allows you to view events/fairs from the previous year)
- Time of Day
- Days of the week (Monday–Sunday)
- When are you looking?
- Employer: use the keyword search to find results with a specific employer
- More filters: use additional filters to narrow your search.
- Labels: use the keyword search to locate results using a specific label
- Events: check the box to only view results posted by your institution
- Career Centre: select events at a specific Career Centre
To quickly access your Saved and Registered events, click the following icons in the upper-right corner of the search page:
- Bookmark tab
- Any event you've saved, but not registered for will be displayed here.
- Calendar Icon
- Once you register for an event, you can keep track of all the registrations here.
Click on the event or fair tile to load the overview page, review details, and register! For more information on registering for an event in Handshake, refer to Registering for an Event.