When employers begin registering for your fair, we recommend processing your approvals as soon as possible.
For Virtual Fairs, the sooner the registration is approved, the sooner the employer may begin building their schedule!
Approve employer registrations
1. Click Fairs from the left navigation bar, then click on the name of the fair you'd like to approve employer registrations for from the list.
2. Click View Employers from the fairs overview page.
3. All registered employers will be listed with the registration status, located to the right of their name.
- Tip: if you have multiple registrations to process, you can filter the registrations by status. Click Status from the header bar, then click Pending to view pending registrations only!
Employers that have not yet been approved to recruit at your institution can register for your institution-hosted fairs.
If an employer has either not requested to connect or their request is pending, there'll be a warning indicator next to the employer's name. Hover your mouse over the warning indicator for the message "This employer has not been approved".
Employers attending a virtual fair must be approved at your institution to view student RSVPs within their schedule. If the employer isn't approved at your institution, they won't be able to view students that have RSVP'd to their sessions, therefore, will be unable to download public CVs, send follow-up messages, or allow students to apply to an active job.
Note: if you decline an employer, this will cancel any existing career fair registration and events regardless of status.
4. There are two ways to process the registration approval:
From the registration list
Locate the employer you'd like to approve, click the three hashmarks located to the far right. Click Approve from the options.
For in-person fairs or virtual fairs hosted externally, you won't have access to the columns for Schedule Representatives, Group Sessions, 1:1 Sessions Filled, or Required Preferences.
Directly on the registration
On the employer registration page, click Edit in the upper-right corner. Scroll down partway to the Basic Information section, then click the radio button for Approved.
To save the update, click the blue button Update Registration in the lower-right corner of the page.
- Tip: we recommend following the fair in Handshake to be notified of all pending registrations as they come in! To do this, click the blue button Follow Career Fair, located in the upper-right corner of the fairs overview page, then ensure your notification preferences are set accordingly — Learn more about managing and accessing your notifications in Career Services User Settings: Manage Your Notifications.
5. Once the registration has been approved, the registrant will be notified via email and app (depending on their notification preferences).
While you don't have the option to create a custom approval message, you can send a custom message when you send an invoice, or generate a new email for registrants in Handshake.
Check out How to Send an Invoice for sending an invoice from the registration, or How to Send an Invoice to Multiple Registrants to send via a bulk action.
Refer to Fairs: Filters & Bulk Actions for Registrations for sending an email to the contacts individually or in bulk.
- If the fair is virtual and facilitated in Handshake, the Schedule Owner will receive an email alert to set their company schedule.
- You'll be able to use this same registration list view to help you track your engagement as the fair approaches. Refer to Virtual Fairs: Monitoring Fair Engagement for more information, as well as Virtual Fairs: Session Details.
- If the fair is hosted in-person or if it is virtual and facilitated outside of Handshake, students will be able to view the company name in the list of employers attending the fair.
Article is closed for comments.