Events hosted by your institution and events hosted on-campus by employers allow for student qualifications to be set. Student qualifications allow you to restrict event attendance to a particular subset of students based on their Education information.
All students will be able to view the event, regardless of qualifications set, however, students' Education data must meet the qualifications selected in order to register for the event.
Qualification logic is 'AND' across qualification types, and 'OR' within a particular type.
- For example, if you select Level of Study: Masters, Junior 'AND' select Colleges: International Business - this would allow any Masters students 'OR' Undergraduates with College of International Business listed on their profile to register.
1. To set qualifications for an event hosted by your institution, or an employer-hosted on-campus event, click Events from the left navigation bar in Handshake.
2. Locate the relevant event, then click on the event name.
3. From the event overview page, click the Qualifications tab in the upper-right corner of the page.
Note: if there isn't a Qualifications tab in the upper-right corner of the page, double-check the event type — if it's hosted off-campus or virtually by an employer, you won't be able to set qualifications.
3. Select the desired qualifications of fair attendees:
- Level of Study: Select to limit registrations to only students with these levels. This is the education level on a student's profile. You may select as many as you like.
- Course Groups: Select specific course groups to limit registrations to students with a qualifying course.
- Colleges: Enter the name(s) of colleges that students must be linked to in order to register for the fair.
Required Labels: Enter any labels that students must have on their profile in order to register.
- Note: if more than one label is selected, students only have to have one of the labels to qualify.
Note: Students missing any of the required data on their profile won't be able to register. For example, if all Levels of Study are checked, but the student doesn't have a Level of Study selected on their profile, they won't be able to register.